By Don Butler DTI Combined first class Engineers Certificate of competency for steam ships and motor ships.Chartered Engineer (C. Eng)Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers (F.I.Mar.E)Member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers (M.C.M.S)
Expert send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing event during this specific source for exact fee estimation and planning
- Includes challenging to return through details on commonplace send fix exertions expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and value estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine pros to help with fix specification and negotiation, aiding you to plot paintings and budgets extra reliably
- Uses man-hours in place of specific premiums or currencies, delivering a long term version for pricing despite position, price fluctuation or inflation
Bringing jointly in a different way scattered information on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this useful consultant will prevent time and enhance the accuracy of your send fix estimates. do not plan or fee paintings with out it!
Don Butler is a fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers and a member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and send Surveyors, UK.
- Made up of very tough to return by way of info on usual send fix hard work expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and value estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine execs to avoid wasting time, reduction in fix negotiation and support businesses to plot extra reliably
- Man-hour listings help in long term pricing, which means the booklet content material is still legitimate despite foreign money, expense fluctuation or inflation
Read Online or Download A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition PDF
Best ships books
Our paperback replica of this high-quality e-book has been absolutely ruined by way of the collage of North Carolina Press. Pages look out of order, a few pages are repeated, and others are lacking. it is unreadable.
The Seamanship Primer is a whole research and revision consultant, in keeping with the foreign criteria of educating, Certification and Watch protecting, for cadet and serving group within the service provider marine area. it's the perfect examine package deal for a person getting ready for the oral evaluation taken by means of each marine specialist to procure a Deck certificates of Competency at quite a few degrees of seniority up via grasp.
This new revised quantity on power of Ships and Ocean buildings addresses numerous issues of send power in better intensity than within the past variation of PNA, bringing a lot of the fabric modern and introducing a few new topics. there's huge insurance of the newest advancements in dynamic sea load predictions, together with nonlinear load results, slamming and influence plus new sections at the mechanics of collisions and grounding.
The whole e-book of Anchoring and Mooring addresses anchoring platforms, concepts, and everlasting moorings for boats from twelve toes to 80 ft in size. It covers monohulls, multihulls, mild displacement sailboats, cruisers, sportfishers, passagemakers, and workboats. briefly, it truly is for all leisure and dealing boats during this measurement variety.
- Civil War Ironclads: The U.S. Navy and Industrial Mobilization
- Maritime Transportation: Safety Management and Risk Analysis
- European naval and maritime history, 300-1500
- Viking Longship
- A Night to Remember: The Classic Bestselling Account of the Sinking of the Titanic
Additional info for A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition
13 Ship side storm valves Opening up ship side storm valve for in-situ overhaul, by disconnecting and removing cover, spindle and gland, cleaning all exposed parts, testing bedding, painting internal exposed areas and reassembling with new cover joint and repacking external gland with conventional soft packing. Dia. (mm) Man-hours per valve 50 75 100 125 150 200 9 10 12 14 16 17 Note: Disconnecting and removing ashore for above overhaul and later refitment; double the above rate. 14 Hollow fenders (in half schedule 80 steel pipe) Fendering formed by cutting steel pipe into two halves.
The rates shown are for large quantities of steel renewals. The lower limit will be given by the shipyard and is dependent upon the size of the repair yard and the vessel. Assume the limit to be approximately 5 metric tonnes. Shipowner superintendents should be aware of the methods used by the shipyards of calculating steel weights, and this is illustrated below. 40 Guide to Ship Repair Estimates Calculation of steel weights FLAT PLATE ANGLE L × W × Th × SG L × (W1 + W2 ) × Th × SG = Weight in kg = Weight in kg Flat steel plate For flat steel plates, measure the length in meters, the width in meters, and the plate thickness in millimeters.
L H eating coils. These are subject to special consideration. l A ny necessary staging or access works. Continued A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours. 00004-4 Copyright © 2012 Don Butler. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. 1 Pipe work renewals in schedule 40 and schedule 80 seamless steel—cont’d Man-hours per meter Pipe dia. 5 8 10 13 16 21 26 31 37 42 47 53 58 64 Notes: A minimum charge to be applied for length of pipe of 3 meters. Per bend add 30% of the value of the straight pipe.